Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
This is the first time I've been here in 4 years. Got way to busy with work and picked up restoring antique tractors.

· Registered
6,800 Posts
Still here! :shocked:

I actually just came over here because, amazingly, I just now learned of Jason Payne's accident and immediately many fond memories of ORC flashed through my mind. I could always tell he'd be a great guy to wheel with but I never got the chance. I still remember seeing one of his first pics and thinking "what is this 12 year old going to do with that massive truck?". :D. A truly great loss.

On a lighter note, the Bronco is way gone and now my brother and I are building an XJ crawler. We previously had a Yota on 38s that was unstoppable. I have a 9 month old boy and he's having a kid in March so we'll see how much wheeling time we actually get :smirk:

Good to see you folks still milling around!

· Registered
6,465 Posts
Good to see you man.

Jason's loss was felt all over the place. There's a memorial site you can share your memories at if you want.

Lots of us still lurk from time to time.

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
i remember Jason and i slept one night in the same town not knowing it till later. ohhhwell

anyways this is what ive been up its my 83 or 85 k5 blazer. parts are from my 89 and 91 ifs chevy. theres oru ifs-sfa rear shackles as my shackl reversal. the sm465 and hydralic clutch are also in aswell as the tbi 350 that been converted to a carb. still running the tbi heads. many people said it couldnt be done but i did it.

this is my brother playing the back yard. its currently being torn down so i can build a rock buggy or trail truggy bugg out of it. whatever you wanna call it.

me driving

· Registered
1,574 Posts
It's been a while for me, since I was last here. Like many, it was my first forum. I was here when you didn't need to register to post around 97ish. Then when they changed that, I just lurked for a while.

I try to stay out of forums these days. I get more done. I did buy a 2013 double cab short bed TRD Tacoma a few weeks ago, so I've been going through the taco forums a bit just to see what bugs people have found and fixed etc. Other than my old 82 Toyota, I don't have much experience with tacos so I figured I better get familiar.

Lots of good times back in the day here in these forums though. :)

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ive put aboyt 150k on this truck since i got it.

she got some new shoes today and has 232k on the ticker

just kinda checking in.

im still very found of the chevys. but my freaking wife wanted a expedition and weve been fighting it ever since. well i guess ive been fighting . i hate fords with passion.

· Registered
6,465 Posts
Hm. Not certain where my reply from an hour ago or so went.

Anyway, I don't mind Fords but I'm not a fan of Expeditions or the late 90's F150's. Had a '96 Ranger I loved.

Then again my current Chevy is actually a Suzuki and my 6th one at that.
Soon enough I'll have another Chevy fullsize.

Mmmmm...Cummins beefy good...mmm...

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Started thinking about the old gang, and got all nostalgic and whatnot. Decided to take a drive through the old stomping grounds. I sure hope time has been kind to you all. I know several are no longer with us, sadly.

As for myself all is well. I'm happy and healthy.. my oldest daughter graduates this year and my youngest starts HS. Time marches on..

Still have the K5, but it sits a lot lately. Sold my 82 Toyota for a large sum, so it was easy to say yes. Still have my 97 Z71 .. my oldest daughter drives it and loves it. I now drive a 2013 Toyota Tacoma, and my wife still has her H3 and likes it. My youngest daughter wants it when she turns 16 so we may have to figure out a new vehicle for the wife. We'll see.

· Registered
6,465 Posts
Still around myself. Actually back in a fullsize Chevy again. 2011 Silverado Z71. Love it.

Wife drives a Toyota Highlander but when another kid arrives we're upsizing to a Tahoe.

Spend my online time on CK5 or various gun sites.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Been a while

Interesting to see some familiar folks still here. I still have the 94 GMC. In fact, I was looking for some pics of front suspension so I did a google for "94 GMC Yukon" and the first two images that came up were pictures of my truck that I posted on this forum years ago when it was shiny and purty. :D That's how I ended up back here.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.