Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have been watching everyones posts about installing lockers. I have a chance to buy a LockRight for a Dana 20. However, I have to take it out of the jeep. Its a friend who is only asking $50 for it.

Is it as easy as it sounds? I have never touched a rear besides to change the fluid. Should I attempt it? Thanks much.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
if the jeeps are the same(gears, axle shafts etc....) you could just swap the whole axle...we do a lot of that between friends here....

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you mean an AMC20 rear... The difficulty in removing it will depending on the ring gear. If there is enough space for the cross shaft to be removed from the carrier, without removing the ring gear, then it will be very easy.

If the cross shaft is blocked by the ring gear, then you'll have to pull the axle shafts out a couple inches and remove the carrier... then remove the cross shaft, then the Lock Right.

HTH.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
My jeep page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.