Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my tubswap is done, 91 YJ tub on my 84 CJ-7 frame. My question is this: I'm using a CJ-7 windshield frame, CJ-7 dash, and of course, YJ tub. The holes to hold the windshield to the dash don't line up and I just drilled new holes in the dash and the hold down brakets to line up with the YJ tub. It ended up not looking real pretty, so I'd like to know if thier are YJ hold down brackets? I can't find any in any of my catalogs. Would they bolt to the CJ windshield frame and line up with my newly drilled hole in the dash and the original hole in the YJ tub? Thanks,

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/

G

·
The bracket is the same on YJ and CJs. The difference is the location. If you look at the windshield there is an indentation where the bracket is attached. On the CJ the Bracket is toward the outside of the indent and the YJ has the bracket toward the inside (or vice versa). The problem I see is if you move the holes so that the bracket is in a different place on the windshield frame, how do you ancher them?

You are better off moving the hole on the tub to match the hole on the CJ dash which should line up with the CJ windshield. That is what I'll be doing in my swap.

Good luck
Mark F

G

·
Dan -

What I did was to redrill the plate that attaches to the CJ Windshield, moving the holes about 1/2" so they lined up with the nuts in the YJ tub. I then drilled drilled through the CJ dash panel. It works fine... I will be making new plates that attach to the windshield with the correctly postioned hole so it doesn't look "so ugly" but it works just fine. I am going to use the CJ ones I have now as a pattern, since I've got the holes drilled in the correct location, it just won't be perfectly centered.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
My jeep page

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh...ok I get it now. The bracket is the same, but the location it bolts to the windshield frame is different.
Thanks for the replies. I think I will make my own brackets that will look a little better. But I'll use the CJ ones that I drilled for now.

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.