Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i know that you can clean out the deposits in the fuel system using a lightwater drip in the carb. how do you do that???

Shorts <-- It's not what you think /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif ...and don't ask what it is

'94 Chevy K1500, with stuff...needs more stuff

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
not sure, but i'd say to use a water spray bottle...like for windex or something similar. that way its a water vapor, nd easy to controll
---Peacock

If it hasn't broken, let your girlfriend drive it...it'll break real quick

G

·
Shorts-

best method I have found is to find a vacuum line on the TBI, the small one on the front works well. Put the liquid in a small bottle, hook up a small hose from the bottle to the TBI, and it does all the work itself. I would try it with ATF, never tried water. This trick got me through CA Smog last year, with the motor I have in the truck now.

Rhino

G

·
I would be careful, water doesn't compress if it gets into combustion chamber. ATF, does it keep the skeeters away too? I bet that really fogged up good.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif For it to work best, you should have a load on the engine (driving around seems to work best), so what you can do is go to a scrap yard, grab a tank for windshield washer fluid (and the pump motor) and wire it up (with a momentary toggle switch) so you can easily turn it on for a couple of seconds and then just release the switch and it shuts it off again... A second or two at a time should be about enough.. You'd route the hose into the aircleaner and onto the butterflies... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Don't overdo the time you have the pump on. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Also be aware that if it does knock carbon loose it could get on your plugs and make it run like crap, so be aware that those might need changing...

Also, I would not recommend using ATF like some do, that can/could kill your O2 sensor and your catalytic converter... /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
You could probably use ATF on a vehicle without cats and sensors, but you might as well try water first, I think you'll find it does the trick quite well (and without the tons of smoke that ATF produces)... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.