Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping tranny/TC last night to put in new LUK clutch, I took off the TC shift lever, but don't know how to pull the tranny shift lever, what is the easiest way to do it????? Of Course the haynes manual didn't help. Any string or writeups would greatly be appreciated!! I need to get it off today, so I can finish dropping before a front moves in tonight. Thanks in advance, Jeremy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Unscrew the cover in the floor. Slide it up over the shifter.Then you will see the bolts that attach the shifter to the T-5 case. Remove the six or eight bolts. Lift the shifter and you are done

Fran

·
Registered
148 Posts
The shifter comes out as a unit. Remove the five bolts that attach it to the tranny. Don't lose the plastic cup on the end, and seal it with RTV when you re-install it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks sailit2000 and twosocks,
you know I've been over on the quadratec board for 8 months or so and posted this ??? on there this morning. Only one reply and an incorrect one at that
. Got kinda figgity signed up here and within 30 minutes got two answers. Guess I'll be hangin around here more. Thanks, again. Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.