Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO I have a 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody. I only use it offroad. My question is what is the largest tire I can run? And is there a need? I have been out wheeling with a set of 31" tires and had no problems. I would like to run the biggest tire possible. Also I will trim the fenders or remove them alltogether if I have to. The problem would be the tire rubbing on the inside of the wheelwell I think? Has anyone put some huge tires on a stocker? Thanks Tod

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you were to pull off the fenders and hack up your bed or take it of you could most likely run 38's without a lot of problems. Big tires are only necessary depending on the trails you run. If you only play on logging roads and such then 31's or 33's should be fine. When you step up a notch for more hardcore trails then 35" may be in order. And lastly if you want to run with the big boys in my area(fullsize rigs with 350 hp, etc.) Then 35" is the minimum to play and the average is 40" or better. But I will ahve to admit that a Nissan with 33's and lockers is just about unstopable in the better part of my local woods.

- Tim
- [email protected]
- Far East 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for your reference if you decide to run 38's or larger make sure you run a narrow tread width or a much wider offset rim or the tire's will eat your A-Arms etc?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIf you can't Drive It, Drag It?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts