Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what I need to go from the rear hole on my valve cover grommet to the hose that runs to the air cleaner on a '77 258? I have the grommet, and I have the hose that runs to the air cleaner (from a '79) but no connection between them. Is there a readily available part I can use?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be the little part inside the air cleaner that the hose is plugged into. What I am looking for is the connection that goes from the grommet to the hose. It has to be some kind of double ended barb or something that fits into the grommet and the hose, unless there are 2 PCV valves in a row?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my 86 it is a small 90degree elbow that pushes in to the valve cover grommet. The have stuff like that in the "HELP" parts at Advance Auto. Any plastic elbow that will stay in the valve cover should work. My pcv goes in the front hole and all the 258s I've seen have been that way.

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Pardon my stupidity. Why not go to the hardware store and buy a 90 degree plastic hose barb fitting
and stick one end in the valve cover and the other end in the hose. Then when your Jeep won't run
because the air cleaner is blocked by being oil saturated, you can go buy the PCV valve like I said AND
a new air cleaner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used a plastic fitting: half inch national pipe thread x 3/8 hose barb. this piece was made into a 90 degree bend. i bouthgt it at my favorite hardware store and screwed the threaded end in the vavlve cover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear hole is a BREATHER, not a PCV. The front one is PCV.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.