Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure would like to know a little more about this ESP system. I've been riding red for years(still have my 250 SX) and it's time for another (primarily for my wife). How does it hold up? Do the electronics handle mud, muck and water? Can it be shifted manually in a situation? How about some feedback...good and bad, but keep in mind that I'm a hardcore for the manual shift...wife is not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read owners of the ES are having shifiting problems after riding for long periods. Honda gives you a shift lever in you tool bag for the ES. They must be aware of the shifting problems and that is there way of getting out of it. I own a 99s and love it. My wife calls it HERS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine has one and has never had a problem with it. Not even in the mud. It is completly waterproof. You will probally never have any problems with it. If you do, they do come with shifter in the tool box. It is far more reliable than any automatic currently available. However it is not as relaible as the traditional shifter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.