Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

after some months off the list, i found some time to mess around with my sami...

i can get a good deal on YJ leaves and would like to do the swap.

whats involved?

- re-weld frame springhangers
- new shackles
- what else?

- i got spoa, 31"s, pretty much the standard package
)

do you have any pics to share? any writeups? anything

thx
alfred

G

·
Funny you ask that, i am finishimy my rear in about a hour.. Its pretty easy, all i did was cut the front mounts off "rear springs" and weld them back on right to the front of were it was... I need to get a pic ... But its no big deal realy..... Looks awsome!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
basing my answer on the shackle reversal front kit I have, I think the lift would be 5-6" over spoa. I had 3" lift springs and 1-2" lift shackles, and the YJ reversal lifted my rig higher

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow.... that would be some 10" over stock... hmmmm... sounds too much for me...

mine is still a daily driver and I dont want to go taller than 31"s ... on dparkers site he mentions that he can run 35"s ... i guess my sami would look kinda goofy with that amount of lift and 31"s

again,
thx
alfred

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Using stock YJ's and Trailtough's kit I'm looking at about 2" from where I was. I have a 4.5" Breeze SPOA and was running 31's also. I only have the rear done so far and I love it already. I noticed right away how much better it rides, can't wait to get the fronts on too.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Alfred: I spent friday morning up at Trail Tough and got a closeup look at Brent's YJ with missing link set up. I am very impressed. The quality of his work is first rate. Brent is building a beautiful (other than color) purple and yellow Samurai for Linda with all of the Trail Tough goodies on it.

I suggest you contact Trail Tough with all of your YJ questions.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I agree.. the TT parts for the YJ sawp are burly!.. Very nice setup IMHO, I've had nothing but sucess with anything I've got from them. I only got the rears done as of now, fronts should be done this weekend, and the 33's are here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.