Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif You could add a floor heater to your Jeep like we did with a flat-topped tunnel/riser for the console to sit on and a heater tucked into the tunnel/riser to heat the floor. We have already spent 600+ bucks between the seats of our CJ, NOT counting the seats, but you work in a big salvage yard and can get stuff for free. I worked in a huge wrecking yard on weekends when I was a kid and had a car built ENTIRELY out of the yard./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifFind a box heater and get with it!

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Hi-idle solenoids are perfect for rigs which have PTO jobs or hydraulic wet kits and need a little bit more RPM......SOOOO much easier than a throttle cable from the winch location or from the operator's platform. You can have SEVERAL switches in different locations as need be./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I think I have a spare solenoid from the rig days still in my parts cabinet. I always used the Ford solenoids.

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I've toyed with the hood-frontfenders-but-not-grille tilt nose idea. Our International 2000 series trucks all had a one-piece fiberglass nose. Boy was that nice. You could stand between the front tire and the frame and work on that big engine....and...keep it clean easy. The big problem is having enough room to tilt, a garage is not always big enough to do it./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.