Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the open loop holley pro-jection system on an AMC 360 in a CJ. I am toying with the idea of using this on my CJ 7 with newly rebuilt 360 when I get it done. This would allow me to get the performace of a good 4 barrel carb with the reliability (no flooding) I want when I am on steep inclines or off-camber trail situations. If anyone has tried this let me know. Thanks

Jesse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A guy in our club is running this setup and has had very good success with it for the past few years. His only problem has been with fuel pumps but now has this solved by not using a Holley pump.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesse
I have the Holley Pro Jection 502-1 in a 1985 CJ7. It is fueling a 360 that has been mildly beefed. To over come the fuel problems that others have spoke of, I installed a AC-GF-62P filter just off the tank, then a Holley 12-801 fuel pump at the tank. This pumps fuel up to the inline fuel pump that has been placed near the engine. All fuel lines are 3/8 steel, including the return line.

This sounds like overkill with the two pumps, but it works great. The second pump offers me limp home capabilities if needed. Also, if you live in high altitude areas, this eliminates vapor lock situations.

I would like to say that I thought of this myself, but I read it in a book by Mike Urich called "Holley: Carburetors, Manifolds & Fuel Injection". The ISBN # is 1-55788-052-2.

I also run a relay to supply voltage to my pumps instead of suppling voltage right straight from the ECU. This allows a higher current to reach the pumps.

For engine modifactions, I've installed 1.6:1 roller rockers, an Edlebrock cam, gear drive for the cam, 3" headers, a 300-31 Holley intake, and the Pro Jection system.

Hope this helps. By the way, this engine produces gobs of power for my CJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.