Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to be the first to post in here. Kinda cool though, even this post with no subject whatsoever is not O/T

·
Registered
963 Posts
I guess sometimes you really do get what you wish for! Way to go Shaggy... now let me give it a try... I want to have D60 front and 14bolt rear on my Blazer now... dang didn't work!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Way to go, Shaggy
.... I like it already... and now, for my first general chit chat post....

Anyone know how to train a dog to quit jumping on people?

p.s. is it ok to highjack a general chit chat post?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two ways that I know of. Grab on to his front paws like you are going to dance with him, then step on his back toes. He'll pull back real quick. The other way is to give him a big knee in the chest. The idea is to associate jumping up with discomfort, so you can't EVER reward him for doing it. I like the stepping on toes method, since he can't see you doing it and it's subtle, he won't even realize that you're the one hurting his toes, and eventually he'll get the idea that jumping up on people makes his toes hurt
. Consistency is the key in any dog training, give them mixed messages and you'll never get anywhere. You'll have to "train" your guests to do whatever it is you decide to do to break the behaviour also

G

·
She wheeler when your dog jumps up your suppose to stick your knee out. Your not trying to knee him just present an obsticle which will teach him not to do it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Remote control zappers.

Just like the invisible fence thing, but you have a little button you can push to send a "slight correction". My sister used one for their 100+ lb black lab, it might work a little better on a smaller dog

What kind of dog?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've tried the knee thing since he was a puppy, and it doesn't work. What he does now is wait til your back is turned and then he pulls a sneak attack and jumps on you from behind. I think I tried the stepping on toes thing too.. but he's got moves like Fred Astaire -- makes it difficult to get his back toes...

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I HATE THOSE DAMN ZAPPERS, me and a couple of buddies went camping one time, somehow while i was sleeping they got the damn thing put on me, dirty bastards anyway, real fun waking up at 3 in the morning getting shocked
wasnt really fun next time we hung out, my paintball gun got alot of usage

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm, I dunno then. Stratch a rubber band from his Hoohoodilly to his collar, so when he jumps up it yanks on it
. Just kidding, but it would probably work. I just wouldn't want to attach the rubber band.

G

·
Drey, you play paintball?
I used to big into it but started costing too mush $$$ so sold everything. I have has a Talon, Edge, couple Spyders, Bruizer Outlaw for markers. Used to have a Spctra mask with a fan and thermal lens. I would do trigger jobs on guns for people for like $10 including polishing the action, lightening the trigger pull and shortenting the trigger pull. I would bet my bruizer could easily shoot 9 balls per second. At the house before we built the hay shed we had the 2 acre horse pasture thing built into one awesome fiel. Even had a 2 story forst thing. Way sweet. Was about to invest in a minimag or 'cocker when I decided to get out.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I'm currently running a Spdyer Shutter. Not much left origional on it anymore. Has electronic frame with full auto/burst/semi auto and halo hopper. Soon to have full smartparts nitro system and boom-stick barrel. Lol, my trigger pull is set to about 1/32"

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
i play paintball..i got a pirahna STS VF that i spent more in parts than i should have lol...storm E frame, all american barrel, WGP regulator, 32* drop forward 12V revvy, and some other small stuff...shoots great but with all i spent i should have gotten a cocker hehe..thats next though, my bro has a sweet one so im envious

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.