Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another attempt at showing the tongue on my trailer. It has a receiver on it so I can change from a ball type hitch (shown) to a pintle type.
Goose

82CJ5 Laredo I6 258 T18 D300 (w 4 t0 1) D44 rear D30 front 4.27 gears (ARB both ends)and other home modifications

Attachments

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Is the pintle a ROTARY one Goose?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the pintle hitch shown on top of the tongue (not rotary). I debated going with a rotary but decided no to. I got quite a difference in angles between the jeep and the trailer and had no problems, YET. So we'll See how it goes. Actually the lunette eye goes on the trailer tongue (not shown). The pintle is long in order to clear the spare tire. Should be fixed this winter with a custom rack / tire carrier that will swing out. The trailer works great on the trail and street. However, I try to avoid the street for now because of the tail-light issue. Soon I will make up fenders and put the lights on them so they don't get banged up.
Goose

82CJ5 Laredo I6 258 T18 D300 (w 4 t0 1) D44 rear D30 front 4.27 gears (ARB both ends)and other home modifications

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nice . Hey how about a good picture of your rear tire carrier/Jerry can setup . I`m looking for ideas for carrying two cans too . Thanks !!

Jeff /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently it is a Hoofer rack form years (about 8 - 10) ago. It is mounted to the bumper and the rear of the Jeep. I will be taking it off soon to build a swing away carrier. I plan on the carrier holding 2 cans, the spare tire and a rack on the top. Oh yeah, the high lift also.
Goose

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.