Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on the History Channel, and I'm taping it. 10 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's tracing the jeep from the WWII military, and it's one I haven't seen before. It's called "Big Rigs of Combat: Jeeps".

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
You know with cable and Sat TV , they have the cooking channel , the animal channel etc... I think it`s about time we had THE JEEP CHANNEL . Wouldn`t that be cool?
It could be interactive with callers and online participation .We could have special guests every night like CJDave and H8 and others . Who`s got some spare coin so we can get this up and running ? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
I would like to be in charge of auditioning the pretty model babes that would show off the daily "Home-Built" mods.
Yes we want all the cool stuff we read about here all the time to be featured , then we can give in to the corporate greed during the commercials that we would fetch big dollars from Daimler/Chrysler etc ... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

If it takes off we could have a spin off series

SURVIVOR JEEPS Yep I can see it now /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Jeff

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Uh...Mr Jeepzilla, Uh...Your starting to scare me... just a little. But.. uh..O.K. I'm with you, all the way, bring on the jeep babes.

83 CJ-7/chevy 350/44-20 with lockers/4"lift/33x12.5 swampers on hellcats/9500 ramsey. I'm in LOVE!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about JUNKYARD JEEPS? We could build jeeps out of junk found in a yard. Wait a minute, I do that anyway. Well, it'd be cool to be on TV at least.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else pick up the "M-38" they mentioned? It was really the M-38A1, and they seemed to skip over the M-38 completely.

Also, how about the rolling M-151, did they launch it at 75 mph or what?

It was a great program to all who missed it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I wish they would have gone up til recently...er at least until the 90's or something.They seemed to show a lot more on the hummer offroading then the jeep :(
At least in color..
They talked about the hummer too much I thought..they could have broken into the civilian jeeps..

That rollover was cool looking :)

1976 Yugo CJ5
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com
Minnows are impractical transportation!

·
Registered
197 Posts
How about that fying Jeep...the helicopter looking thing...I like it! bet if you could find one of those it qould be worth a penney or two...

78 CJ5 w/360
"measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, and cut it with an axe"

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have liked to see more on the post WWII jeeps, specifically the farm mods. It was a Combat show though, and it was very nice. Too bad they didn't go into more detail on the military mods. Oh, and the CJ-6 (M-170) was never mentioned. Curious...

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The M-170 was mentioned. They even showed one carrying like 4 injured soldiers. They did talk about the M-38, but they kept showing pictures of the M-38A1. The guy was even saying "it had flat fenders, etc, etc" while they showed the round-fendered M-38A1. I was kinda peeved about that since the M-38 is my favorite Jeep.

The roll-over was freaking scary, I can see why the government wouldn't want civilians cruising around in those things (leave it to Ford to "fix" a problem by making it worse) It was the M-151 right?

G

·
That was the second time I'd seen that one, and the rollover is still the best part. I agree about the Hummer's, too much air time. Always nice to see how the jeep craze began.

cjcrawler
"The Beast"
74CJ/304/33's/dana30&44wlockright/3.15:1case
fullcage/woods'shafts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the M-170 carring injured, but never heard it mentioned. I'll see if I can pick it up when I watch it again tonight (I taped it). Yes, it was an M-151 Mutt, and it was hairy, I wonder how fast they launched it. Did you guys see that "roll cage" they put in it? It wouldn't hold up to putting a soft top on it, what a joke, no wonder it fell apart.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think I heard them say the roll over was done at 15mph, really scary if true. The "Hummer Owner" was kind of getting on my nerves, seemed like another one of those my Hummer can outdo anything types. At least they didn't show a FJ40 on this program and call it a Jeep.

BMB

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd guess 50 mph, the way it was tossed around rolling completely over in mid air, there is no way it was done at 15 mph...unless Consumer Reports performed the test /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.