Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few month's ago my wife's Cherokee started running 80psi on the dash guage, until the engine had been run for awhile. After if is run for a while the pressure drops down to around 60psi or so. THe psi is dependent upon engine rpm and will rise and fall accordingly. Currently running 5w-30 synthetic blend. My wife is concerned, I not as worried about high pressure as I would bel ow or no pressure. I have not put a mechinal guage on it yet but plan to do so in the next week or so as my schedule allows.

My wife asked today if this could have been caused when we where hit broadside on the driver's side. I told her I doubted it as the axle took the majority of the impact. Wipped out ball joint and put a slight bend in axle. Axle was replaced.

Have any of you had this problem, or concern. If so what turned out to be the culprit. I don't think it's the pressure relief, but if it is how hard is it to change out and what type of tests can you run. Engine does not use or lose any appreciable oil between changes. I was changing between 3 & 4k, now am doing between 4 & 5k.

Thanks,
Bill

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.