Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I bought my jack a few years ago and the thing just keeps paying for it self.
One of my workers wife called and said she had got her hubbies (he is out of town on a job) truck stuck in the drive-way. So I load the straps and HI-Lift into the truck and head out to help. Well the last time this happened she had it(late model 3/4 Dodge diesel with 50gal fuel tank in back "full") stuck side ways in some ruts. No problem just jumped in and drove it out! Well this time she did it good, you see, there drive way is a 1/2 mile long mud hole(Alaska drive ways) she had this truck sitting on the axles, no... the axles where also below the surface! Don't know how she got that far! Well I size up the stuation and the first tool I grab was the Hi-Lift, jacked the sucker up, tires sucking air as the mud loses the grip on them, stuff logs under the tires and in the ruts, hook up the strap, give her a little tug and Waa Laa, it's out! Could not have done it, if, it was not for the Hi-Lift!!!!!!
I know this is not realy JEEP stuff but I just wanted to share my afternoon exploits with all of you.

Keep Jeep-n

Madd Mudder

O-ya, I'm just aching to drive the CJ down their drive-way.

75 CJ-5, 304, locked 44, 33X12.5 BFG's, Wheeling Alaska

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if the axleshafts are under mud.... forget about winches!

alfred

'95 Stofttop, K&N, Snorkel, 4,5" SPOA, 31" BFG MT, 4,16gears, W5000 winch, skidplate, rear Rancho 9000 - other than that its bone-stock

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went turkey hunting a week ago. Loading up the Jeep I didn't put the receiver mount winch on, only going hunting not wheeling. Didn't throw the recovery gear in either. One afternoon my friend and I decide to drive higher up the mountain to check things out and we are having to drive through drifts of snow that are still covering the road. Finally reach one that is too deep, it's about a 40 yard stretch of snow covered road and we get about half way through before the Jeep sinks. The snow is about 24-30" deep at this point. Fortunately the Highlift jack is always on the tire carrier and I had thrown a small shovel in the truck. After an hour or so of digging and jacking we were able to back out of the predicament. Lesson learned, the recovery gear is going to get permanently mounted on the fender wells in some ammo cans and every time the Jeep is going to leave the pavement I will take the 5 minutes it takes to mount the winch./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Why drive a luxo-box SUV when you can lay in the dirt busting your knuckles under old iron? '77 CJ-5, '64 S2A Land Rover

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifHi-Lifts Rule!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.