Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I get another car, I plan on rebuiding my bronco as I don't wanna spend money on anthying else. I just wanted to know since I saw your photogallery, is how did you remove the body off the truck? And where did you get the new Eddie Bauer body?

Thanks man

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Re: My nice body

I pulled everything off the crushed body, unbolted it from the frame, put some chains on it, and picked it up with the front-end loader on my dad's tractor that I happened to be storing at my house at the time./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

My "new Eddie Bauer body" came from a red & white '82 XLT. I pulled everything off it, ground off the trim studs, slathered it with Bondo, ground it down with a 4 1/2" metal-cutting wheel, put it a trailer, and hauled it to the cheapest body shop I could find. I had them color-match Rustoleum's #7771 (Sand Tan?) and use a generic gloss black (to make touch-ups easy, if I ever do any!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif). A week later, I had my "new Eddie Bauer body"./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif When I was preparing to set it back on the frame, I nearly knocked it off the jackstands on the trailer and I found I could stand in the shifter hole & pick it up/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif, so it's not as heavy as you might think when there's NOTHING attached to it. I'm still pi$$ed that I didn't take any pics of the red & white body, but I guess I'll get over it one day./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Steve 83 Bronco 4.9L
Build it; Don't buy it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.