Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see you're a tech. Several people have asked what header to use on the 720 4x4 KC. Pacesetter
seems the best bet but if you call and ask they say theirs for the Z24 motor "will not fit" the 4x4 720.
What is the reason? Is something in the way or is the collector not long enough. Can't you rebend
or lengthen to make it fit ? I don't want to mess with the exhaust port end so is that end OK?
Do you have a header on your 720? I want a header for my 84 KC 4x4! Any thoughts,
experiences etc. will be appreciated.

720s Forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
N oI don't have a header on my 720 but that is because I have an '89 240SX motor in it. Go to Automotive Customizers on the web. Their address is 4x4parts.com they have headers for 720s. I think they are 169.00 but don't hold me to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mad720 and sorry for all the questions. I and some others on this board are kind of frustrated by the lack of after market parts for our trucks. A well fitting header seems a hard to get item. I tried automotive
customizers but I wasn't sure about their response. What displacement and hp is your 240SX motor?

720s Forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Hey Charlie720. Want a header?

Did you ever consider going to a race shop etc, and having one made-up? I know it might cost a few more bucks but you'll be able to get it done to your spec's!

Just an Idea?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes antichris I considered it. The one I asked wanted the vehicle 10 working days and $125 per cylinder. I think I'll order a stock one and see what the deal is. If no fit some dealers have no restock fee. If changes are minor a speed shop might be affordable. Thanks for the response. Do you think its worth the cost for perfomance gain or do most people want the looks and sound?

720s Forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Holy S..T! $125.00 per cyl, did they at least spit on it or use a comdom when they told you that price, man that's harsh! I have a buddy who builds race-cars and also specializes in Early Bronco's, he'll make mine for about $300.00 -350.00.
I couldn't answer you on that "for looks & sound" question I guess it all depends on who owns the rig? I think with the limited engine upgrades for Nissan's that most are trying to gain those few extra pony's with minimal expense in mind!
Oh well, it was just a thought?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIf you can't Drive It, Drag It?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts