Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has a hesitation when I floor it. It goes good from 1000-3000RPM but after that it feels as though Im pumping the gas, and its right to the boards the whole time? I also had another truck that had the same problem. Both are Z-24 motors. Any Ideas what this could be? Also does anyone know if there are any ways to tweak alittle more power out of the z-24? I have a hard time spinning tires in 2wd. (maybe because I cant really "floor" it?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Change your filters and plugs first, just give it a tune-up with cap and everything also check your pcv valve, otherwise you could alway look into having your fuel system flushed. Oh one other thing to check is make sure all your intake components are are tight, I had mine in the shop to change the exhaust manifold and they forgot to hook my intake back-up so I was having the same problems as you described for about 3 block's until I finally stopped ripped ope the hood and found the problem?

Hope this helps, good luck!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIf you can't Drive It, Drag It?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts