Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new to a nissans however i have owned toyotas for several years so here is my problem i just bought a 1984 2 wheel drive nissan pickup with the z24 engine when looking in the engine bay i noticed there where 8 sparks plugs but this should be a 4 cylinder engine any help or explantion would be great thanks in advacne
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thats just the way they made em in those years. My 84 720 is the same. One set is on the intake and the other on the exhaust side. Each set has a different coil. Some say the exhaust side is just to clean up the emissions but I can feel the power loss without them and for sure you need the intake ones, those are the primaries.

Its true, "Rust never sleeps." :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its true it was an emission thing. It helps burn HCs on the exhaust side. The question I have since I have never worked on these engines, do they have cateletic converters? I know the indutry had some strange ideas of what would work for emmisions controls but I never truely did understand the duel spark plug thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has a cat converter. I think all 720s did. Also an EGR tube to the intake and also air injection tubes to the exhaust manifold.

Its true, "Rust never sleeps." :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts