Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually do a little offroading on the weekends but recently I crossed through a big mud pit and since then when I drive and come to a stop the rpms drop very close to 0 and thenI hit the gas and it levels out under 1k does anyone know what might be the cause. Thanx!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
we need more specs armando, what engine? fuel injected or carburated? auto or stick?

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Did you clean the whole Jeep after you went thru this mud pit? How fast did you go thru it? It mud's coating your motor, it could be running hot, causing odd things to happen. How deep was the mud? Did you have the clutch pressed in while you were in the goo? If it's muddy and watery sometimes it can get inside the bell housing and goo up stuff - perhaps causing bad things to happen when you're in neutral coming up to a light??? Anything's possible..

Just some thoughts
Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your distributor cap for goo inside it. Also the spark wires. Check your air filter and while you are at it pull the air box out and make sure there is not any mud blocking the intake (down below your headlight) or filling the air box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.