Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pulling apart a 1.3 GT engine to ship.
I'm stumped at how you get to the head bolts!!! I don't have a socket thin enough to get down there it would seam...

Maybe I'm tired and it is hot here so give me a brake if it's something stupid ok.....

UPDATE:

I had to go to the dealer to pick up a retainer ring and thought I'd ask if they ever encountered this problem. He said ALL THE TIME!!! SO I asked what the do and he said use a ****y extension and hex socket and POUND THE SNOT OUT OF IT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER!!
So I went outside before and picked my least favorite 3/8" extension (ball missing) put the hex socket on the end, inserted into the bolt and gave it a go. After the first attack on the first bolt, I got out my hand impact and used that to "finish it off". HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!! A few were tougher than others but they all came out with no INJURIES.....So I learned a good lesson on stuck bolts in aluminium blocks
Hope this will help out others that are having this problem with them nasty allens...

G

·
POUND THE SNOT OUT OF IT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER
-------------------
A very cheap solution - how often do we get THAT?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Well, now that I have burned 3 drill bits and made the last bolt hole a circle I think I'll be buying another drill bit and getting that last one out! SHEESH!!!!
Then I'll be moving on up with this gti engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.