Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put 35's on a 92 Ram 250. I was wondering if a 4" lift would be ok with 35's or would I need to add a 2" body lift. I would also like to know which lift kit would give the best ride. I use this truck mainly as a daily driver and to pull a trailer with my CJ-7 on it.

Thanks,
Kelly S.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on a 3/4 ton a 4" lift should easily clear 35's, and you shouldn't need a body lift. i have just add a leaves on my 89 rc, and it clears 33's easy. your 92 with a 4" will fit 35's or 36's.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
89s right 4" should clear 35 easy, I wouldnt b e surprised, if they cleard with ample room with a 3" lift.
All the lift manufacters are good so thats up to you, one thing though get the complete leaf packs instead of using blocks or adding leafs to your existing springs. that way you will have a better ride.

JUST COWBOY UP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
every company is pretty good, but for a leaf sprung dodge, i would use a skyjacker lift. also get full packs front and rear like the kid said, because my add a leaves ride horrible. you dont really notice it in the back, but the front add a leaves are really bouncy and squeak even with new plastic inserts, over any bump. if you had to i would use add a leaves in the back only, but thats if the main leaf in the rear is ok, my right rear main is currently broken, it cracked off where it wraps around the bolt in the front. iff you do use add a leaves, i would check to make sure the packs themselves are in good shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.