Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal boys, i bought a 2 inhc body lift for my 95 wrangler and it says i need to take the rubber gromit of soemthing of the steering linkage and extent it more, how do i do that? i found the rubber piece but what do i need to have to extend it? and also i keep the old rubber spacers in there right? and if i do, to i put the body lift piece on top of the factory body spacers or under it.THAnks guys, just some things i got confused about before i started!
THANKS!
(\/)ikey

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not sure about the steering extension, my body kit was on when I got the jeep. My body lift blocks are on top of the 1"ish factory bushings though.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I installed my 3'body lift on my CJ we put the blocks on top of the rubber, however, I would recommend putting the rubber pucks on top of the blocks to reduce vibration. I have notice a consderable amount more on my compared to my buddies who put his on top of the blocks. As for the steering, we took the whole shaft out, drilled the pins out, extended out and that was that. hope it helped a little..
Jake

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am not sure if this is kosher but i didnt do any mods to the steering column and neither did any of my friends with yj's and 3" body lifts. havnt noticed any adverse effects. was this wrong?

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.