Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 YJ with a 4cyl, fuel injection. The trouble is that it stumbles in all gears now. Like it is not getting enough fuel. The fuel pump is new, feul filter is new. just put in a new oxygen-temp intake sensor. what could it be?? the jeep ran fine and all of a sudden this happened. please help. thanks
***forgot to add...it only happens when the jeep is warmed up. also, the idle is eratic..jumps from about 800-1000..thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this may sound stupid but people make mistakes, did u put the fuel filter on corrrect and not backwards, or of the such? it never hurts to double check or maybe u got a bad part?
(\/)ikey

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a suggestion, but, check your spark plugs and wires. I had this happen over last summer and the damn thing was a bad plug connection.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be ignition problems. check the plugs then the timing. could be a bad fuel injector. i'm not real familiar with this engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.