Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the names ross, and i was wondering about my 300ex. I just wanted to know why people spend money on wheel spacers, or widening kits when you can just turn the wheels inside out. I can understand the width kits because it affects suspension, but the wheel spacers seem like they would put alot of stress on the ball joints. if anyone can help me, please give me a hand.

Thanks, Ross

· Registered
1,077 Posts
We'll ask the ATV AnswerMan.

But here's my opinion - take a look at the off-set depth of an ATV wheel - there is a substantial level of protection for rod ends and inside hub by having those inset to the wheel. Also, the style and material of the wheel itself is likely made to withstand impact on the outer rim more than the inner. Just my guess.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thanks. i tried to reverse the wheels but the 300ex's wheels have little washers with a splined rim on the inside of the bolt holes. you cannot reverse the direction of these (i dont know what they are called). But thanks anyway.

BTW, if there is anyone out there that is looking for width on their 300ex's, there is a kit that extends the mounts on the frame. this pushes the a-arm and shock mounts out 2 inches on each side. i am looking in to that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.