Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP JEEP AIN\'T WORKING RIGHT!!

ok 2 days ok we had a really bad storm up here in good ol' Ohio and me who loves rain desided to drive around and the storm got pretty bad and in some spots the water got as high as 2 or 3 feet, i drove threw it just find and went back home the next morning while driving to work i noticed when i give it gas it choches a little and i noticed that if i let it sit, i get like a puddle of water out under the exhaust pipe, does that sound like the problem or is there something worst from getting my jeep this wet, and is there anyhting to keep water out?
thanks
Mikey

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: HELP JEEP AIN\'T WORKING RIGHT!!

Nothing to worry about....what is happening is that the engine is condensing the high humidity in the air....and the only place for it to go is out the tail pipe.....FYI, if the combustion process was perfect in the engine, about all that would come out is CO2 and water vapor.....ever notice that when a car first starts up you see water driping out the tail pipe?....and then goes away when it is warmed up?....well, the water vapor is still there, only the exhaust is hot enough to keep it in vapor form so you don't see it. Additionall, wet roads and cool weather will keep the exhaust pipe colder longer which causes the vapor to condense...thus u see it driping out of your pipe.

If the water u went through was really that deep then just check you oil to make sure that none got into the engine (VERY unlikely). Its also a good time to check the vent tubes for your axles....if they leak you could get water into you diffs....not a good thing.

Good Luck........John 84CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: HELP JEEP AIN\'T WORKING RIGHT!!

hey you might have some water in the muffler, that may cause a little hesitation, just take it for a good drive to get everything nice and hot and dried out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.