Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a total rear braided stainless steel break line kit for a good price? If you've read my other posts you know I'm going crazy with the break lines falling apart. I want to use stainless so I don't have this again in 5 years. Quadratec has kits for the front and the back but they only have the two lines that go to the wheel cylinders. The total kit cost about $160 and I don't know if that has the t-box connectors. If you know where I can get what I need to finish the rear break lines in braided stainless please let me know.
Thanks

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe the $160 kit includes the main lines that run along the frame to the proportioning valve and up to the master cylinder. The front and rear kits $40/$25 listed below that are the braided lines that go to each front caliper and in the rear go from the crossmember to the axle. It includes the T connector.

Did it go together nice and easy? You did something wrong.Will have to do it again./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
DaveC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they said the rear kit only had the two lines, not the t-box connector. I could be wrong. Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken. I think I'll go V8JEEP's idea and use stock lines and just wax them before I go. I'm just worried about what else I'll break before I'm done. I'll let you all know what happens, I probably won't work on it until Saturday.
Thanks for all the help, Jeff

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear kit I got from them only has the one flexible line from the frame down to the axle. It did have the T connector on the end. These lines are good if you have a lift. They arelonger than the stock lines.

Paint the stock lines before you install them to protect against rust.
Most of all --LOL- Brake lines are a pain.

Did it go together nice and easy? You did something wrong.Will have to do it again./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
DaveC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts