Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 dodge dakota club (extended) cab and i want to raise it up.

i want to but a lift kit but i was wondering if i could do two kits together?
I am looking at this kit...
Dodge Body Lifts -- SuspensionConnection.com -- 2005-2006 Dodge Dakota 2wd & 4wd regular, extra & quad cab (automatic trans. only) - 3" Body Lift Kit
So if i bought two kits could i just put them both om to give it a 6" lift?

If not how else could i achieve a 6" lift?

Also if i were to put a 6" lift on and than put 24" wheels (i currently only have 17") and maybe a 30" or larger tire would that be fine?

thanks a lot

· Registered
1,207 Posts
6" of BODY lift is a death wish. I would think the body would separate from the frame under moderate-heavy braking. The farther the body and frame are away from each other, more leverage is placed on the mounting points, thus causing something to break/bend. Even 3" is excessive,IMHO, and may affect airbag deployment in an accident. Just my .02...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tomkat..

so what could i do to make my truck a little higher?
Would just buying bigger wheels and tires be my only, safe option..

cause right now my truck handles awesome. it drives just like a sports car. so i don't want to substitute that just for the lift.

would that lift kit i posted below be safe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
? Which one? Body or suspension? IFS suspension lifts can get complicated with cv angles and alignment angles at times.
I was looking at a body lift... it is just 2" or 3" blocks that you put between the body and frame...

but if these aren't safe what other way would i have to make the truck a little higher?

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Oh, OK. I'm sure plenty of testing was done before it was made available. It will help out plenty with tire clearance, just not any off road benefit other than larger tires. Just try to get brackets to raise bumpers as well or they look kinda corny hanging low...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.