Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Hella 500's worth it? I think that they are about 50 bux for 2 with a wiring kit. Were would you suggest mounting them? Should i get a set of 4 and buy a light bar? I Dont know much about the light placements and such.

Sorry, my YJ is a 90, not an 87.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not concered about getting high watt bulbs. I might replace the stock lights with new bulbs. I am aiming for the driving lights. IS there any site for Lighting rules online? OR can you help me Find out How strict Kansas is on these things? I do not like the windsheild corner mounts. I may concider placing them on the bumper like some of the new Tj's have their lights.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have looked into the waly world and auto zone lights but there is just something that is not pleasing to me about them. I dunno what it is but it is there. I am planning on getting the Hella 500 driving lights (pair) for around 50 bux. The bumper is where i will be mounting them.

There was a question about fog lights and there color. The amber lights on you jeep is the parking lights. The fog lights are little ones that shine a WIDE beam of light across the ground. Driving lights are pointed up but not high ehough to blind oncommers. High beams are a HIGH and more wide than the driving lights. This sounds right, doesn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.