Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hella 500 driving lights ARE NOT DOT approved. Technically, you can't run them on the road. If you do run them on the road, make sure that they are not blinding other drivers. You'll know when you have it right because no one will flash you or crash.

Also, I don't know of any state where it is legal to run lights above your headlights. Most states require that lights above your headlights be covered at all times. If you're going to mount them for daily use, they need to be on your bumper.

85 CJ-7 258/T176/D300 Scout D44s F&R with Lock-Rites and 4.56 gears. 4" springs with lift shackles 36" SS TSL Radials Hella Rallye 4000s for guiding small planes into the woods

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
True fog lights have fluted lenses.

And about buying the Wally World lights - they're great if you want the look of "el cheapo". Throw either my Hella 500s or My Hella 4000s up against any light from Wal-Mart and we'll see who can outshine the other :)

85 CJ-7:
Locked D44 F/R with 4.56 gears
4" springs with shackles
36" TSL Radials
Hella Rallye 4000s
'94 ZJ:
2" lift and 31" BFG ATs
3" Flowmaster and K&N intake

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Fucntion, not form? I guess that would explain why I paid to have some of the best lights made short of HIDs. By the time you get done replacing your Wal-Mart lights, you'll have spent the $55 for the Hella 500s which, in three years of hard wheeling and water crossings have never broken once.

With proper protection and care when driving (i.e NOT driving over trees or bushwhacking), you'd be able to go home without a broken light.

I want the most light possible when night wheeling. Flooding a trail at night is the way to do that.

85 CJ-7:
4" springs with shackles
36" TSL Radials
Hella Rallye 4000s
'94 ZJ:
2" lift and 31" BFG ATs

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
No one's starting a pissing match. Simply put, "you get what you pay for".

85 CJ-7:
4" springs with shackles
36" TSL Radials
Hella Rallye 4000s
'94 ZJ:
2" lift and 31" BFG ATs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.