Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
That's a good place to mount them, I have a set mounted there and have been very happy with them. I've had them for about 4 years now, but don't let water get inside as it'll rust out the lens. After submergence, make sure you drain them out.

JEEPN
Waldoboro, Maine (yes, we're BACK!)
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Slamurai, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I have to agree. I have a set of el-cheapo's on the TJ, and a set of Hella 500 Drivings on the Trooper. There simply is no comparison to output. The Hella's win hands down and are by far the best light I have seen for the money. Not too bright, but just right for all around wheeling, driving down desolate roads (I always turn them off when meeting a vehicle), and they will take a lot of abuse. Now I won't even waste my money on anything else.

A guy in our Jeep club bought some Hella 3,000's and made the mistake of turning them on at -10 degrees while driving. Both lenses cracked and split from the temperature difference created by the ambient temperature and the heat generated by the lights. Just a word of caution if buying the large ones.

JEEPN
Waldoboro, Maine (yes, we're BACK!)
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Slamurai, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.