Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order a Hedman Header for my 87 YJ with the 258. I am upgrading to dual exhuast. Will the collectors from the Header interfere with the driveshaft. The other exhaust can be molded around it. Also, what are your experiences with this header. I also have added an RV cam, stripped emissions, and a 14" K&N filter and Cleaner.

1987 YJ Laredo
Rylan D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have them on my CJ. Since the drive shaft is on the wrong side, there probably will be interference. I'm not sure, but looking at mine, it seems to be right where your driveshaft is. Also If you possibly can, use in frame pipes. Mine are out of the frame and I have bent both of them. I wasn't on rocks or anything just in a mud-rut. If you're going to go heddman, get the ceramic coating. Mine have surface rust and are just ugly, not that I care. I am going to clifford single outlet, to ease the exhaust routing problems I have.
The Heddmans work great, and they are cheap, but I want more low wnd torque so I'm going to clifford.
Now that you have taken off your emmissions, you can realize the power of that engine.
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts