Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear so much about how heavy duty the Atlas II case is. How does it compare to some of the legends like the Dana 20, 300, NP 205 and so on? What are the major differences? Just curious. Thanks.
Russ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is supposed to be stronger internally than any of them (I can't remember the horsepower and torque limits on it, but they're pretty high). Moreover, the case is just as strong as the iron cases, but is way lighter. It can be rotated laterally to different positions to accomadate different drivetrains (the shifting mechanism and vents are moved around the case) and it can be ordered with different low range gearing originally (down to around 4:1 I think). So the gist of it is that it is supposed to be stronger and lighter than the old cases, with a far lower low range than a stock 20, 300, or 205.

Measure once, cut twice...or is that the other way around?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AA's literature on the Atlas has an interesting history of it's development. All about how they originally gave several of the 1st generation cases to a few hardcore wheelers and how they managed ot grenade them. Back to the drawing board, try again, again, finally get it right. You can get the info free from AA, it's worth reading.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.