Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the old blower motor from under the battery tray? the heater quit the other day, and I and fairly sure that is what is the problem. I have looked at it and I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

thanks in advance.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Bad news! You will have to remove the whole heater box assembly from inside. Better make real sure
it's the motor and not the switch or a loose wire or ground.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before pulling the heater motor, check the resistor... Under the dash below the glove box. The wires for the heater switch plug into a resistor. You can remove this with a phillips screw driver. The resistor is simply two wire coils... if they break (they do) your motor heater motor will quit.

Jim

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Those resistors are in the end of the duct from the cowl vent to the heater, but you would have high speed
without them.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Easy test,take a hot wire from the battery and run it to the blower motor
spade under the battery tray.
If it doesnt run it's dead.
if you have to replace it DO the Blazer motor upgrade!
Did it last night ...100% better.
There are links all over this post for the upgrade

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not necessarily. The resistors are in series and if the second one breaks, then the motor stops, no voltage to the motor. I've had this happen...

A good test is positive lead to the connector under the battery tray, this will determine if the motor is fried or problem is elsewhere (resistor, fuse, etc)

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.