Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to post this by picking up the link that Clint posted about a headliner for his hardtop. I have a '70 hardtop that I'd like to put a liner on, too. Has anybody done one and if you did, what did you use? I was talking about it with a friend of mine, and he suggested plywood, I think he was being sarcastic, but the more I think about it, the more I think it could work. By using very thin sheeting, like indoor paneling, I think I could bend it to fit the curves of the top and attach it with washers and pop rivets. I had also planned to use the insulation from JC Whitney that Clint mentioned. I'd appreciate any thoughts or input that anyone on the list may have on this. Thanks.

-John
Oregon

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
go to a sign shop and ask for a sheet of expanded pvc. it comes in various thicknesses and colors, very flexable, and won't rot. never tried it for a headliner, but i will now.

toad
3-72' commando wagons
72' half-cab
01' f-250 4x4, super cab, longbed, V-10
artic cat 300 4x4
01' kawasaki KLX 300R
92' kawasaki X-2

·
Registered
597 Posts
John, I have tuck and roll upholstery in my half cab. I epoxied wood blocks to the inside of the top to put the hold down screws to.[They make special screws for the upholstery]I Used the thinnest sheet plywood I could get [1/8] and attached the upolstery to it. you can get the tuck and roll already made up, or just flat and put it on. I didn't try to get a lot of curve and just put on narrow pieces to make it look good. It's good enough for show I'm told.

jeepstrman AL
71 Hurst 350/700R/atlas TF/wide track/44-30 Power locks.1/2 cab.[you can always get a dog,but jeepsters are forever]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Al-

You wouldn't happen to have any pic's, would you?

-John

·
Registered
98 Posts
John, I'm drawing a blank on what it is called but at Home Depot they sell sheets of thin white board for showers, it bends easily & looks great. I used phillips heads with washers to attach.

Enthusiast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.