Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VG30E with automatic tranny. Who has put headers on this thing and how big of a deal was it? I'm getting tired of this manifold issue, but I've heard the headers only fit the manual tranny. I'm an 'average' guy, not a Nissan expert/technician and would like to do it myself to save on the $$. That engine compartment is tight!

Any help???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put a set of Pacesetters on my 95XE standard. They fit like a glove. The biggest problem I had was removeing the stock manifold on the drivers side. The top half of the motor mount had to be removed, 2 bolts from the mount, and 4 in the block. After that was done, the hedders slipped right in from the bottom. I did experience a problem however with the crossover tube, it wasn't wide enough. It didn't fit to both sides at the same time, but it was easy to have extended. I have heard that on an auto trans this has to be reworked to fir properly. Any muffler shop with a pipe bender can make the new part you might need.

I did experience a larger problem with this crossover pipe, the flange where it bolts to the existing system was at thr wrong angle, off bu about 10 degrees. I had to remove the cataitic converter completely and have the first 6 inches of it remade. This is the part with the O2 sensor, which is another story.

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have put pacesetters on my 94 with the VG30e and auto trans. Wasnt much of a problem. Crossover pipe has to be re-worked, but you can modify the one they send you with the kit. The engine compartment is rather tight, so expect pulling assorted things to make them fit. Hope this helps.

Happy Trails
Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve,

Pacesetter now makes a set of headers for the the auto tranny---I ordered them direct. No mods necessary on the crossover tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts