Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 89 jimmy and wanting to put headers what would you guys say would be a good header that isnt too expensive and does it make that much diffrence if i got a stock manifold and 3 in exhaust no cat

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I've got a 90 Blazer and I'm going to put Flowtech afterburners on it. They are about $150-$200, and are supposed to help a lot in HP and torque

90K5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Headmans are cheap, Flowtechs are cool.Stay away from shorty style ones.Don't know how well the puter will take you removing the cat.try unplugging it and drive around awile like that.At least a few tank fulls to see if there is a milage differance.Try and stay in the 2 1/2 inch pipe range 3 inch will suck alot of your low end torqe away.

www.Kansasfourwheeling.8m.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Ceramic Flowtech's on my 89 K5....HIflo cats, Dynomax mufflers, and 2 1/2 pipes...no crossover because I like the sound of duals...it's throaty without being obnoxious, and quiet enough cruisin' so ya ain't gotta crank the tunes so bad ya start clippin' the amps.....did the entire thing, new cats and all for $500...JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts