Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought me a YJ (second one, first one no lift). Wife says that I can lift it up and I need to know which lift would be the best for mostly in town driving. I have a 3" lift from Rough Country on my XJ and it seems alright, not perfect. The YJ is a 95 Sahara with all the ammenities and auto. I am looking at putting 33's on it. Also looking for the smoothest pavement ride that I can get.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 1979 CJ-7 and when i was researching all the lift options i found that the most recommended lift was a 3.5" YJ Superlift "Super Ride" kit for a great on road ride and tons of flex off road as well. I assume that their YJ kit on a YJ provides the same qualities.

Good Luck

Kevin Speicher
President
New England 4x4 Club
http://www.ne4x4.com
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another good lift is the Old Man Emu(OME) lift. They ride better than a stock YJ and they give you about 2.5"-3" of lift. Then add a 1" body lift and 33's will fit perfectly. Only thing is that the OME lift is rather pricey, but ride wise it's the best around.

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best kit for the yj in my mind is the 4" skyjacker softride. as it turns out it didnt provide me with the full 4" it was a little over 3" though and is really soft. i also got the hydro shocks that arnt as stiff as the gas charged nitro shocks. it is smooth riding, not as expensive as OME, and i ramp over 1000 RTI after just swaybar disconnects and no trackbars. Good Luck. you might want to call the manufacturers of the springs you are considereing and ask them what the spring rate is for the front and rear. that will help you to determine the softest springs for sure.. and if you have a winch or heavy mods you can see which will best suit your application if you need stiffer front springs or something.
Ryan

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
superlift and black diamond both make good lifts. ome is very good but very pricey. if you plan on using it off highway be sure to get a sye so you dont have to drop the belly pan.

dan
build 'em don't buy 'em
why is there no mazda thread?
I feel left out.:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As much as I really don't like ProComp, the ProComp Stage 2 coil spring conversion is supposed to be real nice on the road. That may help keep the wifey happy, but the price tag probably won't.

Marc
Contagious Racing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.