Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what is useable/desirable for Jeep applications? About 10 of them are heading for the crusher so I need to figure this out quick.

What and from what years?
Axles?
Driveshafts?
Transmissions/Tcases?
Steering linkages?
etc. etc.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
1980 scouts have a very desirable transfer case...but only that year.
the rear axle is worth holding on to
some folks like the front axles, I think they are worth about 6 cents a pound
sometimes the tranny is a t-18 or t-19.. that would be worth holding on to.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Whether it's a front D44 or D30, the hubs, lock outs etc can interchange with Jeep fronts, including the outter stub axle.

I personally am looking for spare inner/outter front axle shafts for a scout D44. PM me if we can make a deal.

Plus there are plenty of folks out there restoring and wheeling Scouts. The usual hard to find option parts or rust free parts can be sold on ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
shoot me a price on a power steering pitman arm. I need one pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Well your too far away for me.
Like previously mentioned the 1980 Scout Dana 300 is very disireable. This is the last year of production, previous years used Dana 20's.
Axles are Dana 30 & 44 in the front. I disagree with the notion that scout ft d-44 aren't worth much. They do require some extra work but sure beat a Jeep D-30.
Hubs/brakes/spindles can be used on Jeeps.
The engines do not enter change with Jeeps.
Trannys can be T-18 or T-19, usually not the desirable 6.32 to 1 ratio but they are out there.
Auto can be TH400 but also otheres too.
Like Jeeps, lots of swaps made into Scout ...... so you never know until you check it out.

There are several scout (IH) sites ..... Binder.com or something like that.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Auto can be TH400

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not heard that before. It is normally a TF727.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Diesel engine is the same as the CJ10 tugs. Nissan 6 cyl. Save it if one of them is a diesel. IIRC 1979 & 1980 were the years with the diesel, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check for the Nissan Diesel.

There are about 4 Dana44 fronts. I was plannig on buying several axles etc., but I just bought another Jeep (best looking Cj5 tub I've ever seen), and a T18/D20 setup yesterday so I am nearly broke (nearly ha try completely).

Saw lots of Warn premium hubs and D44s, trying to convince the owner not to crush em.

I put this thread up on Pirate4x4. The idiots tried to tell me the Scout 300 wasn't desireable because it uses the older texas bolt pattern, and the good jeep transmission won't bolt up to it. Uhhhh, yeah guys. Darn you can't bolt that SR4 to it!

Email me any parts desires at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts