Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an individual that is interested in my Dana 30 and wants to know how much it would cost to ship the thing, the problem is I have no way of knowing how much it would cost. I'm in North Carolina and he is in Maryland, 28547 and 21040 respectivly. I go to the UPS site and the limit on packages is 150 lbs and I know this thing has to weigh more that 150. If anyone has received or shipped an axle please let me know what it should cost.

Thanks

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
hey there.. you might have to go in and talk with them.. it would have to be shipped frieght i believe.. should be able to call them and talk to them about it.. tell them its an axle... and where you want to ship it..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
643 Posts
I shipped a Dana 35 semi-floater without the brakes. It weighed less than a Dana 30 front with brakes and knuckles I'm sure. UPS wouldn't ship it because it was to awkward for one man to handle. I went to a freight shipper and they told me to put it on a pallet and strap it down with card board over it to conceal it. It was stolen off the dock the very next day - but I had paid for full insurance for a new one and they sent me a check for $1700 dollars. I bought another one (junk), rebuilt it to be shipped again (for custom work ya know) and it was damaged in transit (fell off the pallet when they pushed it out the back door). The third time ( a charm right?) I used a third shipper and it got there all right.

Put it on a pallet yourself. Scotch it with wood blocks that are nailed to the pallet. Conceal it completely with cardboard and make it look like something else (a big box) and strap it to the pallet about a gazillion times and insure it like it was new!!!

Hank

G

·
Get a good idea of weight including pallet, get your yellow page phone book, and start calling the trucking companies. Be prepared to take the shipment to the dock ready for shipment. Prices will vary by several hundred dollars. As someone else said, get it insured for FULL value, and covering it will help too, but if it is insured????? Pick up and/or delivery to other than freight dock will increase shipping charges, maybe by a lot.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
CBrack.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.