Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this topic before, but cannot find the answers. So I'll ask the experts. What is the correct way ( or shade tree way )
to change the color of my hard top from gray to black ? I know it's not hard, but I am not about to just grab the spray can. I herculined
the inside, ( impressive stuff, and not expensive ) and had a wild thought last night of just doing the same to the hard top. Any
help would be appreciated..

88YJ-NeverDone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fixed some small scratches with Krylon. Uh, for the whole top, You're gonna need a lot of paint. I used about four thin coats and it worked very well. I think if you buy enough paint and use thin coats, it will work fine. As for the Herculiner, no. It is hard enough to clean my floorboards that have it on there. It is just too rough of a surface to work well on the outside. However, look into that Duplicolor stuff, it seems to be smoother, but people on this board have said it is very easy to scratch.
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.