Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way back to work this afternoon, I stopped to help out a fellow jeeper. Nice looking outfit, but only a faint click when he tried to start it. He had a hood lock and didn't have a clue how to get it open. He said he's had the jeep for about two years and never lifted the hood. To shorten the story, I opened the hood, cleaned a huge glob of green goo off his battery cable and it started fine. I wonder what his oil must have looked like.

Brent & Sons
49-CJ3A, 51-CJ3A

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
DID YOU SHAKE HIS HAND TO GET SOME OF HIS GOOD LUCK to rub off on you? Two years....NO MAINTENANCE?????

Where do I go to sign UP!!!!? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I hope that he meant the HE had not opened the hood in two years...........maybe he always took it to a dealer or other service center........ If he meant that THE HOOD hadn't opened in two years.......then, by all means, get that guy to buy a few lottery tickets for you!

GeeAea

G

·
Hey, that Jeep owner was me. Thanks for the help......Just kiddin'

Most Jeep owners in my area never looked at their engines. In fact, they probably sell more lowring kits for Jeeps here in NY than they sell lift kits. Yuckkkk..... It really makes me sad when I see a Jeep 2 inches from the ground..... I guess it's like crossing a German Sheppard with a Chihuahua....Drop the chalupa sir!

Happy Jeepin' y'all.

Hey, who's gonna be in NYC for New Years?

[email protected]

G

·
Lowering Jeeps?!?!?!? There are laws against everything else why not this? I think we need to go up to NY and rescue some Jeeps in the name of all that's good and sane in the world.
Travis

G

·
Amen. I once saw a Sahara lowered, with tiny, multi-spoke rims and white-walls. Of course the reason I noticed it was the incredible amount of noise, I mean rap music, emanating from what must have been enourmous speakers. ACK! It certainly didn't have Texas plates!

TXJeepr

·
Registered
485 Posts
Speaking of lowering...I saw a TJ yesterday that was lowered and had those spoke rims and hydraulics to make it bounce!!
I couldn't believe it! Then again you see stuff like that around Daytona Beach.

Alec

G

·
I saw one of those fancy YJ Renegades one time and it was lowered and had those low profile tires and had, get this, Christmas lights around the bottom of it.

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Please don't tell me that he had off road stickers and huge tires....in other words, trying to look like he was king of off roading.....

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
big tires, winch, lights, etc. not even a scratch anywhere on the paint. probably never been off a paved road. He said no one had opened that hood. My regret now is that I didn't get a name and address. One day soon there will be a pretty nice jeep for sale - only needs a new engine.

Brent & Sons
49-CJ3A, 51-CJ3A

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
What ever you do, DON'T look at the picture of the LOWERED 97 ZJ in next month's C&D magazine. It will sicken you. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
A lowered Jeep of any type is PROOF that America has lowered it's standards too far. (sorry, had to go for the bad pun)...

I have, in fact, seen lowered postal jeeps. Never a Willy, though...

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have to say that I feel exactly the same way...Why in the hell would you buy a jeep and lower it???...If you want something to lower and have handle like a race car buy a race car...I am very much against purchasing a vehicle and modifing it to a direct 180 of it's purpose...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD

G

·
There is a guy in my area (Near Annapolis MD), that not only lowered his Jeep, He choped the windshield down, and all of the roll bars, and then had a custom hard and soft (really gay looking) tops made for it. It looked like a cross between a Jeep and a 36 ford coup that had been hot rodded or something. I guess he had to get custom seets and every thing to do all of it. Plus the couple of times I have seen him, he doesn't even wave.

Kirk
95 YJ rio grande

G

·
I am sorta embarhassed to say this but my '71 CJ5 has 2" lowering blocks on both axles. In my defence I just bought it in August from a guy that raced it and I am still getting it drivable after setting for 10 years. He put lowering blocks on it because other racers would roll him over due to the narrow track width. It's also got a NASCAR fuel cell in the back and a warmed over 225.

G

·
The first step in knowing you have a problem is to admit it... All together now: Hello TLPERKS...

I admit to NOTHING. You can't prove I did it... Just like OJ... Didn't he drive a lowered jeep??? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

You have indicated that you intend to right the injustice, suffered at anothers hand. That's almost like paying spousal support for some other guys wife!

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.