Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of Wrangler half-doors for my CJ7. Where do the door retainer straps connect to the Jeep on a CJ. I don't have any pegs to attach the straps to, did the factory hard doors have straps? Where can I get some wrangler strap pins, and how do they mount to the tub?

Thanks,
Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

·
Registered
553 Posts
I do not know if CJ's had door straps, but you will need a peg to attach the wrangler strap. You can get a set of pegs at your local Jeep dealership, or if there is one in your town, you can get them at a four wheel parts warehouse. The pegs mount on the brace just inside the door via two bolts. Good luck.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif'46 CJ 2-A Rusty, but still fun to drive and easy to work on./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
630 Posts
CJ's had the same setup. If yours ever had hard doors, the holes should still be there that the bolts were in. In fact, the holes may have been there from the factory even if it didn't have a hard top.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.