Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY \"B\"DAY ROBERT E LEE FLY ON FREE BIRD..

Jan 17 R.E. LEE's birthday FLY ON FREE BIRD..
the reason for the season....................... MUD HARD OR GO HOME

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: HAPPY \"B\"DAY ROBERT E LEE FLY ON FREE BIRD..

Are you a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan? Are you one of those guys that is American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hey, just what this board needs, a North vs. South debate. We haven't had one of those yet. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts

GO HOGS!!

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Some day I want to visit Dixie. I wanna see Charleston, and Ft Sumpter, and Matewan W. Va. where them Hatfield boys live. Oh, by the way.....don't give up the flag. They ran *****'s restaurant out of business and it did not motivate ANYONE to better themselves, so why would getting rid of the Stars and Bars keep a whole race of people from taking drugs, or fathering kids irresponsibily? Hmmmm...?? Better get some GUARANTEES before you take that flag down. Besides, little black ***** was from INDIA!! The Stars and Bars aren't holding anyone back, JESSE JACKSON IS!

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

oh man, I'm not even going to tell you guys about my bumper stickers...

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Let Her Fly! And GO HOGS GO!!!

SandSpyder 1995 YJ Rio Grande, 4.0 HO, 4spd. Auto, 4.56:1 w/ARB's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I've been encouraging everybody I know, and now you guys too, to try to buy anything you can from businesses in South Carolina, either through mail order or internet. We need to help those folks who are victims of the NAACP boycott.
Let them stars and bars fly...

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts

I'm from Kansas, I'm kind of split down the middle on this one.

LIKE HELL I AM Save your dixie cups, the south will rise again.

If you have an NAACP boycott against you, do you loose any sales?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hey i've got a dixie musical horn on my 95 wrangler, just like the general lee in the dukes of hazzard!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I will give a few personal views. If it offends you, I am sorry. I think that it is stupid that people are making a big deal of this. Anything remotely insinuating the south should be boycoted? At the college I attended the mascot was a Confederate Colonel. Colonel Francic T. Nicholls. Pictures of the mascot are no longer for sale, he is slowly being taken out of the public eye. Why? Because he represents raceism, slavery, and opression? I believe this is bu!!sh!t. If the flag is taken down and Confederate Colonels can no longer be celebrated then Martin Luther King, Jr. should not be celebrated either. The colonels were honorable men who fought for what they believed in. I am not saying that they were right, just honorable. I am starting to see more and more reverse descrimination.
I can go on but I would rather not, blood pressure is high enough.

Kiley /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94YJ
Alittle better than stock.
And now with a future Jeeper on the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: *groan*

I gotta second Rodney on this one.
There always someone upset about something.
A town in Oklahoma had to take the cross out of their city seal because someone was offended by it, saying it wasn't keeping with the seperation of religeon and state.

·
Registered
470 Posts

Kiley,

I completely and utterly agree. It seems that there is a push on to forget a very, very important part of American History. I just can't believe that special intrest groups have gotten to the power that they have! Not to mention, they seem to want to forget the whole time frame of the Civil War!! How many thousands of people died for what they believed in?? How many families lost EVERYTHING?? All this in vain just because someone feels that the Stars and Bars represent racism??? For all of you who believe that the Confederate Flag represents racism, GET A CLUE!!! This Flag represents an era of Civil unrest and War!!!

Oh yeah, GO HOGS GO!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

You know, I had ancestors who fought for both sides in the Civil War and I'm just as proud of those who fought for the South as those who fought for the Yankees. It really pisses me off when I hear those idiots demanding that we stop recognizing the fact that there were honorable men fighting for both sides. In fact, it pisses me off when I hear those idiots on TV demanding anything.

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

As a Southern born Tarheel of North Carolina, Cherry Point Marine Air Station that is, I'll just give y'all an "AMEN!!" from the colder regions of the extremely liberal state of Minnesnowta, Land of 10 Million Liberals.

Remember, the definition of CONSERVATIVE: a LIBERAL that's been mugged.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: *groan*

Hey FNG, I know a town alot closer to your home that had to take the cross off thier city symbol. La Mesa, Ca. , a suburb of San Diego.
Pretty pathetic when a very small minority can force thier narrow view on the majority.

Gary

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts

This business with everyone being offended is getting WAY out of hand. One of our stepchild
departments at the office has been putting up a rather gaudy Christmas display each year. As much
stuff as they can find, with lots of lights. This year, somebody brought in a string of lights with
Budweiser bottles and added them to the display. Seems somebody complained to management that
they were offended by them and they had to come down.

As to the Stars and Bars, I'm really hoping their reach has exceeded their grasp on this one.
Admittedly there were not that many southern states at the time of the Civil War, but there are a bunch
of us who identify with Dixie. I hope that this is the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.
Otherwise, we're in for a long ride folks.

Do you think they know what the "CP" stands for in NAACP. Seems to me that term is considered
offensive too, but I don't see Jesse breaking down any doors to change that. Wonder if he can say it
without wincing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Well spoken, I mean typed CJDave. If truth be known, the only reason most of those people showed up at that rally was because most were probably unimployed or they got something free for showing up. I don't think the flag should come down because its a part of the heritage of the southern states. I'm not racist, I just don't like lazy, welfare free loaders. Just my opinion. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.