Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've started making my halfcab soft top, well OK I convinced my mom to start making it, and so far it looks pretty good. When all is said and done it's going to cost about $90. It should be done tommorow, but I won't have picture for a while, sorry no digital camera yet. It's not going to be 100% weather tight but it should be pretty good. I'll keep you guys, and gals, posted on the progress.

1970 Jeepster half cab
225 V6/2.5" Suspension Lift/ Modified Roll Bar

· Registered
133 Posts
There is a jeepster in Moab that has been sitting in front of a junkyard that has a half soft top. It has the frame and everything but the top is worn, it would make a good template though. Last time my dad asked the guy he wanted $1000 for the jeepster. it has a pretty good body but has been sitting a long time and doesn't run. Thought I would let all you know.
Chance

'67 Jeepster Commando
New body and lots of extra parts.
soon to have 2" body lift /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

· Registered
4,519 Posts
The Jeepster in moab does not have a soft half cab, it is a torn up full soft top draped over the roll bar. I went and looked at it already.

John
70 Jeepster with "Hurc package"
225 V-6/SM420/D18, D44's locked 4.88, 8" SOA 36's
48 flattie 225 V-6 HEI/T14/D20, D30/D44 31's.
98 Tacoma EC V6, 2" lift, 33's, and NO swaybar /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The half cab is done!!! Well, at least the first interation (I kind of sound like Hurc/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif). It looks really cool, and should do a respectable job keeping the weather out. I'll post the pictures of it when I get the film back from the store. The only problem is you have to be careful when you open and shut the doors. Got to go and finish getting the Jeepster ready for its trip to Madison tomorrow.

1970 Jeepster half cab

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kris, How did you make the frame? Or did you already have one? Curious Linda

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really have a frame, maybe the best thing to call it is a glorified bikini top and a rear window. You will see what I mean when I get the pictures back. It does do a good job of keeping the rain out though, even at highway speeds.

1970 Jeepster half cab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.