Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new Jeep own and I have a question. I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the soft-top, and I was thinking about taking the top down, but I don't know where to store the half-windows (Jeep has half doors). The owners manual say not to store them inside the jeep, but what if rains while I am out. Is there anyplace I can store them in the jeep? Please let me know

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
well, if i had a wrangler, i'd probally just leave it at the house for my girlfriend to drive, and i'd take my commando!

toad
3-72' commando wagons
72' half-cab
01' f-250 4x4, super cab, longbed, V-10
artic cat 300 4x4
01' kawasaki KLX 300R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WAIT! Jeep has half doors?

1970 Jeepster half cab
225 V6/2.5" Suspension Lift/ Modified Roll Bar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 95...not usually an issue but just roll them up with a towel between them so they don't scratch then put them under the rear seat...later

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande, BFG 30" A/Ts, basically stock
73 Commando, 304/TH400/D20, basically stock and rusty

·
Registered
560 Posts
Absolutely correct Jay, towel or soft tissue paper is what Jeep suggests in packing instructions and also what I tell all my customers as they pick up there NEW tops at the dealership here. Towel is best as it precludes the fine sand/dust from grating back and forth between plastic windows. Jeep also now provides a new product for cleaning and preservation from UV damage for these windows--available from Turner4wd I believe.( $10.)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.