Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out everyone, write your senators quickly! Tell everyone you can think of about this!

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: U.S. Senate Emergency Alert

> Backdoor Gun Control to be Voted on in the Senate
> -- Your Senators must hear from you immediately
>
> Gun Owners of America E-Mail/FAX Alert
> 8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
> Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
> http://www.gunowners.org
>
>
> (Tuesday, February 1, 2000) -- As early as tomorrow morning, the
> Senate is expected to vote on an amendment to the bankruptcy bill,
> offered by Michigan anti-gun Senator Carl Levin, which would take a
> major step toward eliminating the manufacture and sales of firearms
> in America.
>
> Currently, 30 counties and municipalities have brought frivolous
> suits against gun manufacturers and dealers. In some cases, these
> manufacturers have had to fight to force their insurance companies
> to defend them in this politically motivated litigation.
>
> The Levin amendment would provide that, if a Leftist judge, such as
> New York's Jack Weinstein, entered an enormous judgment against a
> firearms manufacturer or dealer, the manufacturer or dealer could
> not avoid the judgment by declaring bankruptcy, even if the judgment
> massively exceeded the total assets of the manufacturer or dealer.
>
> The purpose of the Levin amendment is obvious: to insure, even if
> the gun industry is successful in defeating 29 out of 30 politically
> motivated suits, that a single substantial loss can destroy every
> major American firearms manufacturer -- and ruin the lives of the
> owners and managers. No one should assume that firearms will
> continue to be made or sold if this occurs.
>
> No other American industry is singled out for punishment in this
> way.
>
> Obviously, a secondary goal of the Levin amendment is to pressure
> dealers and manufacturers to bargain away your Second Amendment
> rights in order to avoid the possibility of such a disastrous
> non-dischargeable judgment.
>
> ACTION: Call or e-mail your two Senators and ask them to vote to
> table (kill) the Levin anti-gun amendment to the bankruptcy bill (S.
> 625). Let them know that the purpose of frivolous anti-gun lawsuits
> is nothing less than the elimination of firearms manufacture and
> sales in our country. Remember that the vote will probably occur on
> Wednesday morning, February 2.
>
> You can reach your Senators toll-free at 1-888-449-3511, or at
> 202-224-3121. E-mail addresses and fax numbers are available on the
> GOA website.
>
> **************
> Cheaper Than Dirt donates a percentage of your total order to GOA if
> you use http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/goa.htm to enter their online
> store.
>
> **************
> Did someone else forward this to you? To be certain of getting up to
> date information, please consider subscribing to the GOA E-Mail
> Alert Network directly. There is no cost or obligation, and the
> volume of mail is quite low. To subscribe, simply send a message to
> [email protected] and include the state in which you live, in
> either the subject or the body. To unsubscribe, reply to any alert
> and ask to be removed.
>
>
>

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

G

·
Usually amendments, riders, etc. to bills are a little more subtle than this one. Even if passed, I can't see it holding up in court the first time it is challenged, like you said, it singles out a particualr industry in a law that is not aimed at that particluar industry. Our gov't. at it's most idiotic. But, I'll just bet this never makes it as worded (I hope).

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Thanks for the warning. I rushed out and got my high cap Glock after the 10 round magazine law went into effect, now I might just have to get a couple more pieces just in case this insanity actually makes it through congress/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. I don't think it will, but you never know in this day and age. My letters will be in the mail shortly.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Believe me, Sandman, the two klintun-excusing, ****-kissing, commie-liberal Senators from CA will NEVER rest till every gun is gathered up, the SUVs are gone, and the population is subdued by the UN police force./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you guys know that here in Michigan, "self defense" is NOT an acceptable reason to have a concealed carry weapons permit??? If self defense isn't an acceptable reason to carry a concealed weapon, what the hell IS??? If I walk in there, say I would like a concealed weapon permit so I can rob people, and banks and stores, would I get a permit??? I bet I'd have a better chance than if I said I wanted it for self defense (self defense is getting to be illegal, and already treated as "evil")... The "shall issue" thing had been here in the Michigan legislature, where if you have no criminal record, and you pass the legal and proficiency stuff you would automatically get a permit, but it was during the Columbine thing, so naturally the action got shot down... I feel if I have no criminal record, I have the RIGHT, if not OBLIGATION to have a firearm on my person at all times (if I am able to pass the proficiency and legal classes that are required, and the skill test where you fire off 50 or so rounds at a target and a certain percentage have to be in the target area...)... Seems that it would help cut down crime, not increase it... I wish Levin would keep his big mouth shut... I wish the Government would back off, so we don't have to fight for our right to bear arms... But wishes never come true, do they? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hey Sandman, We have the same "Discretionary" Concealed carry law in Minnesota. Protecting your family isn't a good enough reason to get a CCW permit. If your job requires you to carry large sums of money, you can probably get a permit for "Occupational use" only. OK lets see...my family is not worth protecting, but an insured bag of money is?! Crazy world we live in. We are working on a non discretionary CCW law in Minnesota, and we DO have the support of our Governor (Jesse Ventura). BTW, HE got his carry permit shortly after being elected, so he had BETTER be on our side!

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Dont be silly you don't need a permit to rob banks and people and stores .only Law abiding people worry about permits and such.

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it

G

·
Be glad you don't live in Ohio, CCW is not allowed! They are still under the illusion that the state will turn into a 'Cowboy Town' with everyone shooting each other. I guess they are just trying to 'protect' us !!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.