Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pin that goes up through my spring pack and goes in to the axle pad. I am assuming it is an alignment pin to make sure the axle stays in the right spot on the springs. This broke so I had it replaced. Now I have to put in a 2 degree shim because they welded my new spring pads in the wrong spot. When I put this shim in the pin only sticks up about 1/8 inch past the shim. so only 1/8 " is going into the axle pad. Is this OK? I don't want to get under some torque and my axle get loose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have replaced the pin with a bolt, had to drill out a pin and wanted to put it back together. Drove it for years that way. But, if I I were
you the first thing I would do is take the axle back and have whoever welded it do it right.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could always put a small washer between the head of the pin and the leaf spring, which will raise the height of the pin head... which will seat deeper in the spring pad...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.