Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it's not happening in your backyard, it will soon. We're in the fight here, most of the San Juan seems to be getting closed up.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif It's the same here in CA Brad.....the homos took over the Democratic party INCREMENTALLY....a tiny bit at a time. Those perverts are organized and understand how to put pressure on politicians while the normal people go on about their business thinking that the Democratic Party is still Harry Truman's party. The Liberal, Environmental Commie Whacko is NEVER going to be satisfied, so don't think you can agree to something and that will appease them. THERE IS NO BOTTOM TO THIS.....it's banning guns, banning SUVs, banning all hunting, fishing, and....get this...OWNERSHIP OF ANIMALS! Yes! In San Francisco..FAIRYLAND...you cannot own a pet, you are only the caretaker, the pet is a person, with their own rights and priviledges. Just wait till the Vice-Perpetrator becomes Prez, if you think the **** commie whackos rule NOW, just wait. You already have your Jeep registered, so now when the feds show up you will have a choice, surrender the Jeep, or have a special unit come by and weld up the hubs to make a flower pot out of it. Sound crazy? Well, suppose I told you TEN YEARS AGO that the prez would get a blow job in the oval office and half of congress would approve of it and excuse him? Hmmm...??? Yes, in 1989, you would say: "Oh, that's impossible!" But here it is!... Instead of having "fun" Jeep jamborees, we need to be driving to washington and up the steps of the capitol...BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Well, is THAT right-wing enough for you? It's just too darn bad that I'm right! I wish I wasn't!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Crazy, yeah, but RIGHT! Remember that you heard it here first./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,
You should start a weekly column.

What ever happened to the great men...the great leaders this country produced? I'm losing hope. Im sick to my stomach and it isnt from eating tacos this time.

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif the voices of truth and morality are still there, Larry, but are drowned out by those whose goal is to bring society down to THEIR level. After all, if you had not studied in math class and there was an exam at the end of the week what would be the best thing you could do? Yep, that's right, get the rest of the people to not study, that way you would be "normal". It's like the story of the "Emperor's New Clothes", Larry....all of the folks wanted to be cool....and stylish...and MODERN...so they pretended to "see" the clothes...till a little kid popped up and said: "Hey, he's not wearing any clothes!" So now when someone says: "Hey...that isn't 'diversity', it's PERversity!" they are shouted down and called phobes of all sorts. Gee, can you find parallels in history where great civilizations have fallen JUST LIKE WE ARE? Yep,...there are plenty of them, and the scenario is always the same. (Sigh) Man is so predictable that he is actually boring./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It's just like anything else, guys, get in the fight, or get dealt what the others want. Organize a group, join the tread lightly organizations that fight this crap, get involved in politics... It's like the gun issues - who has the most impact? NRA.

It's just like the internal combustion engine debate of last week. If you think the ICE is outdated, then go to Engineering school, become an Engineer, and go design a new way. Don't just sit there and say that nobody is doing anything about it.... "Boy, THEY just aren't doing anything about this..." Guess who THEY is, it's us.

Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Hey CJDave. On your way to D.C., if you'll honk as you come through KC, I'll join the convoy.

I really didn't understand the concept of Communism when I was in high school in the '60s. Now that we
have adopted it in the USA, I understand too well.

A trek to the capitol worked for the farmers in the early '70s. Maybe Willy Nelson would do "Jeep-Aid".

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif twenty-two thousand Jeeps driving up Pennsylvania Avenue and flowing over the lawns and up the steps to Congress, WOULD be quite a sight./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That'd be a sight I'd love to be a part of!! At the rate we're going in this counrty, I'm going to move to Austrailia or Canada.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well guys, how far up the steps of the capital will you get before the ATF and FBI use their para-militaty tactics (but of course not the military, they will only be there as advisors)before they break out the black hawk copers, pyro-granades and whatever else they can find to curve your love for feedom? then they, the us government, will be the first and only side to get primetime TV coverage and tell the whole nation that you are, "crazed gay gun carrying people who also have a thing for small childern and are a threat to civil government." and after all that, they will blow you away and claim all of you rounded up your jeeps in one big pile (like the cowboys used to do the wagons) and started a fire and committed suicide!!!!!!!!! and they, the government, was in no way to blame! and the jeepers who are left over will face all kinds of felonies for protecting their constitional right. which, by the way, was written on pot paper!!!!! good luck, you will need it.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Forget that Nick! They already GOT the guns away from those folks....they are on the way toward slavery....UN style./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LETS DO IT!!!! If we could get all the vehicles from say the Easter Jeep Safari to DC. How about getting all 4wd vehicles not just Jeeps to drive on DC. We could get a couple thousand vehicles blocking the road to capital hill and that should draw some attention. Clubs from around the country would be represented and of course TREAD lightly would be there. We could get the Blue Ribbon Coalition to spread the word and help out. It might sound crazy, but it would be easier to get a couple thousand 4wd than a "million" men from a few years ago. Anybody else interested in this?

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a good idea, but its important to not let the 4WD community look like a bunchy of fanatics. Of course if someone took their wrangler up the steps of the capitol building they'd get blown away, and deserve it! Organize, but organize in a calm manner or else you just get lumped in with nuts and psychos. I'd be all about rallying to washington in vehicles, but not if its behind some ranting psycho who wants to do a lawn job on the white house.

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If we could get the 4x4 mags involved it would be a huge event

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seriously this would be a CALM, ORGANIZED, and RESPECTABLE rally. How else could we get a point across. If we get the Blue Ribbon Coalition, Tread Lightly, United Four Wheel Association, and a dozen or more clubs from around the country, it would help if the clubs where from all over the US, and possible a automotive manufacture say Jeep to support the drive. We don't need to drive up the steps of the capitol building, and we will NOT even try, but if we were close the vidio footage of a few hundred to a couple of thousand of 4wd in Washington calmly supporting our cause to keep land open should draw some attention. That would quite a sight in any big city. Do you think we could make this happen?

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I think you could get enough people to make an impact with a statement like this. I too have seen what the government has done with our right to own firearms and the off road vehicle and land closure issues are starting out just like the gun issue did! It starts as fooling the "Sheeple" into bieleving that some four wheelers are bad, and banning a certain type of vehicle or closing a certain trail will be the answer to the "problem". Then when it doesent solve anything, they say "We need MORE control, and we need to ban another class of vehicle, and close another trail. That will solve the problem". You can see how it snowballs from there. Remember...If lies are repeated often enough, it starts to ring as the truth. Keep your gas tanks full and your powder dry, we are going to need another revoloution pretty soon! Just my thoughts.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm all for this, all I need is enough time to hook up the trailer and load up the Jeep (No, I'm not driving my 5 all the way there from CA. No top.). I've even got a place to stay in DC. What would be great is one big rally in DC, 50 smaller rally's at every state capitol (not everyone can get to DC). Biggest potential downside I see to it is that we get there, cause a huge traffic snarl, the government can't get anything done, and no one notices. That and the media will probably find some guy with a total of 3 teeth, all green, and plaster his idiotic remarks over every network. I really do think this is a good idea, all we need is some stupid name like "a million inches of lift - raising public awarness of land use issues ".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well then enough talk. Who has connections? Tread Lightly ect. I'm still at college and have no connceciotns but I could call some of hte midwest clubs around me. Email me if you want to get this started at [email protected] or [email protected]

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have a club meeting next Tues.,I'm a member of Rock Garden 4 Wheelers. I am definitely going to bring this idea up. Our club
officers will be able to contact the SWFWDA if enough of the members are interested. Lets not let this idea die, it's a very good one.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif You know.....this idea isn't as crazy as it sounds. The BIG PROBLEM is the liberal media. Like you say, all they would do is get some beer-swilling, overweight, bubba as the focus and ask him the right questions and all Jeep people would look like an environmental rapist. Under the right conditions, and with the right organization, this has definitely got potential./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif You know,.....there are LOTS of folks out there, who secretly would LOVE to have a Jeep, but they can't let themselves go ahead and have one for various reasons. Heck, I was that way for YEARS. Had all kinds of old GI army trucks to drive as a kid, but never had a JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. As an adult I thought "Aw....you have kids to raise, and work to do, and a business to run." so I never allowed myself to have a Jeep. I'll bet if you showed up in a lot of major cities and just GAVE JEEP RIDES AROUND THE BLOCK it would go a long way toward positive public relations. If every Jeep guy made a point to be open and approachable, and gave a ride around the block now and then, it would go a long way toward keeping the public's attitude toward Jeeps a positive one...WHICH IT IS NOW, but that isn't good enough for the environmental-whacko-liberal-homosexual-controlled Democrat Party, SO..... they want to destroy the off-road community in the name of liberalism and fairness(I don't have a Jeep, so I don't want you to have one either). You can even see that in the Demo candidate Bill Bradley's remarks if you listen close, and as for the vice-commie, he is TOTALLY anti-Jeep, anti-off road. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What has amazed me for years is the Interior Sec. Babbit is from the SW, AZ to be exact. Yet that idiot has done more to damage
commerce and industry in the SW in the past several years than about anyone else. His good buddies are Frampton, formerly of the
Wilderness Society and that ilk. If this idea can get organized with not just Jeepers, but the Chevy, Ford, Toyota, et al guys
we might be able to make something happen. I put a post on the land use boards to try to draw a little attention.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.